Sunday, June 15, 2008

Random Blog of Choice!

I was just wondering...

Why is it that we in Canada are not allowed to say "Merry Christmas" anymore?! It's always "Happy Holidays". Sure, I get it! It's because we are MULTICULTURAL..but..what does that have to do with Christmas and expressing how adoring we are of the holiday?! I have nothing against others and what they celebrate but please! I will not give up saying Merry Christmas! I will not say Happy Holidays! Christmas is what i celebrate!

Not to mention, some people want to change our national anthem. Ok yet again, I understand the whole MULTICULTURAL thing, I really really do! But, I was confused learning the national anthem as it is, let alone if it is changed!! Can't we do other things to show we are multicultural other than making it practically illegal to say Merry Christmas and changing our national anthem?!

The next time a person in a store says "Happy Holidays!" i'm going to say "and a Merry Christmas to you!" ..It's just the way it is!

=]

rant over.


1 comment:

].Λ. said...

I totally agree about the whole saying "Merry Christmas " thing cuz if we're all multicultural we should be allowed to say a holiday greeting from whatever culture. I don't get what the big deal is.

As for the national anthem..i dunno i heard some Natives don't agree with it..and since they're a natural part of this country, maybe we should have an anthem that they agree with too..