Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Computers,cellphones,televisions--this is the 21st century people!


List the names of your family members, and indicate which is their favourite media tool (hardware or software)

Me- computer

Mom- phone

Dad- television (movies)

Sister- computer

brother- television


Which is the least favourite? Why?
Me- The home phone is my least favourite because I have a cellphone and every one can contact me on that. I rarely need to use the home phone.
Mom- My mom's least favourite would be the television because she doesn't watch tv that often.
Dad- My dad's least favourite would be the computer. I think it's mainly because he does not have a clue how to use it.

Sister&brother- My sister and brother's least favourite would be cellphone's because they don't have one first of all and second of all they have no need for one.

Do children of different ages or sexes prefer different items? Why?

Yes, I do think that the age of a person changes the preference and amount of use of different items such as the tv, computer, etc. For example, My younger sister and brother would not have use to a cell phone at their ages. They also do not really need a computer because they do not have homework to do or msn when they are only in grade 2 and 3. The gender of a person might slightly determine what items they prefer more. A girl probably uses their cellphone a little more often then the guys do.

Which item is used the most? Why?

The item i would say that is used the most in my house is the computer. It is used everyday by either me or my mom so that we can check emails/i can do my homework etc. I usually have homework i have to type up everyday.

Which item is used the least? Why?
The home phone is used the least in my household because me and my mom both have cell phones and we usually tend to use those because on weekdays, we are not home until the evenings when we get home from school/work.

No comments: